Exercises for Lesson 10
- Fill in the underlined words in Nuer with the correct form of the noun or verb. What case follows the verb [wä̲]?
- [Ɣä̲n cä̲ wä̲] to the house.
- [Gua̲a̲r bɛ wä̲] to the barn.
- [Maar cɛ wä̲] to the river.
- [Jï̲n bi̲ wä̲] to the clinic.
- [Ɣä̲n bä̲] stay here [Bi̲ jï̲n wä̲] to the house.
- [Jɛn] will come tomorrow. I will go.
- That man [go̲o̲rɛ] you.
- Write the following in Nuer:
- I'm here, where are you?
- My father is eating but my brother has gone.
- What is this pipe for?
- He came, but what does he want?
- I slept yesterday, but my sister helped my mother.
- She's coming now. Do you want her?
- Where is that man going?
- Is he coming from Malakal?
- This is hot. I want the cloth of this thing.
- He wants that man's tin can. Where is it?
- That man has a disease of this country.
- Take the following nouns and compose your own sentences putting each noun into the following positions:
subject, appositive, direct object of the verb, genitive modifying another noun.
[yaŋ], [duɛ̲l], [wu̲t], [cak], [luak], [jiath], [yiɛ̲r], [raan], [duɔ̲ɔ̲p], [ciɛ̲k].
- List all the nouns in the dialogues of lessons 8 and 9 and explain their cases and how they are used.