Exercises For Lesson 16
- Write these sentences in Nuer:
- Come help me, my brother. This baffles me. It is too little.
- I have a child here and the child is sick.
- I saw a man yesterday. he was walking on the path.
He was happy. He saw me, too, and he spoke to me.
- Where are those men? They came in the house a little while ago.
- Where is your mother? I want her right away. I called her a little while ago. I saw her on the path.
She was coming here.
- Those things are food. Your father wants them.
- This is your responsibility, but that person will help you.
- He asked us.
- Did you see that cow yesterday? Whose was it?
- Where is the cloth? He has it.
- The cows are in the barn. Do you want them?
- The boy is in the tree.
- They took it to the place of that man.
- He took them to that woman's place.
- The boy went into the canoe.
- Translate into English:
- Ci̲ wu̲t kɛl wä̲ kui̲c yiëër. Jä̲lɛ kɛɛ bïth. Wëë may. Ci̲ dho̲o̲l
Kɛl ja̲l kɛ jɛ kɛɛl. Dɔ̲ɔ̲ wu̲t ɛmɔ ɛ gua̲n dhöl ɛmɔ.
- Ram kɛl cɛ bɛ̲n duɛ̲ɛ̲l wal. Go̲o̲rɛ wä̲l. Bɛc jicdɛ (his stomach)
Ci̲ ki̲i̲m ɛ nhɔk. Cɛ jɛ moc kɛ wä̲l.
- Bi̲i̲y ɛmɔ ɛɛ du̲ŋ ŋa? Ɛɛ du̲ŋ nyam ɛmɔ (that girl). Go̲o̲rɛ ni̲ Ŋu̲ kɛ jɛ? Kua̲cä̲ jɛ.
- In the dialogue in Lesson 15 write out all the verbs giving their number and aspect. Also write their subjects.