Exercises For Lesson 26
- Turn to the list of imperatives in the Appendix and familiarize yourself with the more common forms learning a few
each day. Read them aloud to the informant.
- Write in Nuer:
- You all don't talk!
- Come here all of you!
- Put it down here! (sing.)
- Stay here, I will see. (sing.)
- Don't go I'll come!
- Eat it! (pl.)
- Don't pester her! (pl.)
- He said don't do it like that.
- Take it!
- Leave it! (pl.)
- Read and translate:
- Yɛn diaal, nyuɔɔrɛ!
- Jiökni̲ jɛ i̲ bi̲ raan bɛ̲n cä̲ŋ kɛl, be du̲ŋdɛ nööŋ.
- Jiökni̲ nyam ɛmɔ i̲ bër, nɛn ti̲ti̲.
- Ti̲ti̲ thïlɛ kɛ gɔɔy. Nyi̲nku̲n a ni̲? Wër, no̲o̲ni̲ kɛ.
- Tayɛ wɛnɛmɛ! /Cuayɛ jiɛɛn tä̲ä̲mɛ.