Exercises For Lesson 35
- In order to get familiar with the pattern of Habitual negatives you must practice these conjugations with your
informant using many different verbs. The point is to acquire fluency and accurate intonation.
- Write these sentences in Nuer.
- I won't always come here because I have no opportunity.
- It won't always hurt.
- They don't always listen.
- Don't ever go there! (sing)
- She isn't always here, only some of the time.
- Don't ever eat it (sing.)
- She isn't always hre, only some of the time.
- Don't ever eat it. (sing.)
- It's never big.
- They won't ever hear.
- He never comes here.
- We aren't sleeping these days.
- Write a story on some local subject using the habituals as much as possible. Check it carefully with your informant.