Exercises for Lesson 5
- Learn the next 5 expressions in Pre-Lesson 1.
- Using the sentence ["Ɣä̲n a thï̲n"] as the one frame sentence, write the following sentences in Nuer substituting the
different nouns for [Ɣä̲n].
- Is there milk? I want milk.
- Is there water? He wants water.
- Is Jɔk present? She wants Jɔk.
- Is my mother here? My father wants my mother.
- Is there money? Your brother wants money.
- Use the following frames and substitute the correct word in the following sentences.
||Bɛl a thï̲n.
- Do you want my mother? My mother is here. No, I want your father.
- Do you want this? No, I want this.
- Do you want money? There's money here. Yes, I want money.
- Do you want tin? There's tin here. Yes, I want tin.
- Do you want your sister? Your sister is here. No, I want my brother.
- How do you say the following:
- Hello. It is you, my sister.
It is good peace? You are present?
It is good.
What do you want?
- I want to talk with you.
I want a tin can.
- It is you my mother. Is your body at peace?
Where is my brother? Is he at-house?
I want him now.
- Your brother is here. He is sleeping.
Go. Call him
- Where is the money? My friend wants it now.
Is it here? It was with your sister yesterday.
- Translate in writing:
- Ram ɛmɔ ɛ ŋa? Ɛ nyimaar pa̲ny. Go̲o̲rɛ ni̲ ŋu̲ tä̲ä̲mɛ? Ku̲a̲cä̲ jɛ. Go̲o̲rɛ ji̲.
- Ɛ ɤä̲n Jɔk. Gua̲a̲r a ni̲?
Gu̲u̲r a luaak. Tɔ̲ɔ̲cɛ.
Wër, cɔl ɛ. Ɣä̲n göörä̲ jɛ.
- Mä̲ä̲dä̲ a ni̲? Jɛn a duɛ̲ɛ̲l?
Ɣëc, jɛn a bëëni̲ tä̲ä̲mɛ. Jɛn a luaak.
- Where is the milk?
There's the milk. Do you want the milk?
- Is the milk here? My mother wants the milk.
Where are they?
- Write these sentences:
- Do you want my brother? He's eating now.
- Do you want my mother? She's cooking now.
- Do you want my uncle? He's sleeping.
- Do you want my father? He's working now.
- Where is the tin? It is at the house.
- Where is the money? It is with him.
- Where is the water? It is here.
- Where is the money? There it is the money.
- Is there milk? Yes, there's the milk.
- What are you doing?