Exercises for Lesson 8
- Learn the next 5 sentences in pre-lesson 1.
- Translate in writing:
- That person is my uncle.
- This child is my daughter.
- This is big.
- My son is good.
- This my son is dying.
- That man is sleeping.
- Are you present in this house?
- This water is good.
- That far away man is coming now.
- That is small. It is no good.
- Go̲o̲ri̲ nɛmɛ?
Ɣɔ̲ɔ̲, nhɔakä̲ jɛ ɛlɔ̲ŋ.
- Wu̲t ɛmɔ di̲tɛ.
Ɛ jɛn ŋa? Ɣä̲n kua̲cä̲ jɛ.
- Ti̲ti̲ gɔwkɛ ɛlɔ̲ŋ.
Nhɔki̲ cak ti̲ti̲? Kɛ kɛn cak yaaŋ ɛmɔ.
- Write only the answers which are written below to the following questions.
- Where's mine? Here it is.
- Did you see the cow? Yes, there it is over there!
- Did you see it yet? Yes, there it is there!
- I can't see them. They're way over there.
- Did he come yet? Yes, here he is.
- Experiment with writing 10 simple sentences in Nuer using various types of verbs.