Indiana
University Bloomington

Search

Advanced Search

Student Life Items (21082 total)

Building on left was constructed in 1855 and was used by Literary Department. $10,000 or almost half of the total cost of the building was donated by the people of Bloomington and Monroe County. In 1897 this building and the old campus were sold…

Initial buildings on Seminary Square campus, ca. 1840. Building on Left: Seminary Building and later known as the College Building - completed in 1824. Cost of building was $2,400. The building was a 2 story brick structure with a stone…

Newspaper article discussing the various reactions to and opinions about the Ballantine lock-in. While some students were supportive of the action, others felt that it had gone too far.

Taken from the IU Archives' reference file "Student…

Newspaper article describing the number of police prepared to move against the students who had locked administrators inside Ballantine Hall. No police entered the building, and the students disbanded on their own at the end of the meeting.

Taken…