This section contains information about container structure rules for sound recordings, scores, and accompanying materials, which may be accessed through links in the left column. Information on the digitization process is accessible through the project wiki.
If digitizers would like to alter a container that has already been cataloged, catalogers should do the following:
- Ask the digitizers to describe what they need to change
- Change the status of the container record to Import Only.
- In the Instantiation tab of the container record, click the Edit Structural Bindings button and delete all bindings.
- Create a document in order to keep track of these changes, the original status, dates, etc.
- Once the digitizers have made their alterations, reopen the instantiation tab and bind everything again. The digitizers may not inform catalogers when changes have been completed, so catalogers may want to periodically check entries in the document they create to track changes.
- Finally, change the status back to its original setting.
For more information, see the Digitizer Access to
Cataloged Containers page.