Papers & Presentations
Dissemination of information is a primary goal of the Variations/FRBR project. High-level reports on our work in the form of papers and presentations can be found on this page. To receive updates when new information is available, subscribe to our project RSS feed .
- Washington, M., Notess, M., and Dunn, J.W.,"Taking Music Metadata from MARC to FRBR to RDF." International Conference on Dublin Core and Metadata Applications, September 23, 2011, The Hague, Netherlands. Full paper available: RDF-proj-report-DC2011.pdf. Poster: dc2011VFRBRPoster_web.jpg
- Riley, Jenn. "Leveraging the FRBR Model for Music Discovery and Data Sharing. " OCLC Systems & Services: International Digital Library Perspectives, Vol. 27, No. 3, pp. 175-189. Available online with subscription: http://www.emeraldinsight.com/journals.htm?issn=1065-075x&volume=27&issue=3.
- Riley, Jenn. "FRBRized Discovery and Cataloging." Music Library Association Annual Meeting, March 23, 2010, San Diego, CA. Presentation slides available from http://www.dlib.indiana.edu/~jenlrile/presentations/mla2010/frbr/rileyFRBR.pptx.
- Riley, Jenn, Paul McElwain and Alex Berry. "Implementing the FRBR Conceptual Model in the Variations Music Discovery System." Digital Library Program Brown Bag Presentation, October 28, 2009. Presentation slides available from http://www.dlib.indiana.edu/education/brownbags/fall2009/vfrbr/vfrbr.ppt.
- Riley, Jenn. "Enhancing Interoperability of FRBR-Based Metadata." International Conference on Dublin Core and Metadata Applications, October 21, 2010, Pittsburgh, PA. Presentation slides available from http://www.dlib.indiana.edu/~jenlrile/presentations/dc2010/riley.pptx. Full paper available from http://www.dlib.indiana.edu/~jenlrile/presentations/dc2010/riley_fullDCpaper.pdf.